Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable and has numerous health benefits, which makes it a great addition to any of your favorite dishes! Whether it's mashed, steamed, or roasted, cauliflower pairs great with so many foods - including cheese!
Camembert is a creamy cow's milk cheese with a buttery texture and undertones of mushrooms. For this recipe with The Cheeses of Europe, I decided to make a Potato and Cauliflower Gratin with a creamy, delicious topping made with this amazing cheese! And of course, I couldn't help adding a little bacon - because why not?
See the full video here, or check out the recipe below!
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup whole milk
4 ounces Camembert cheese with rind, cubed
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
4 ounces bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, then add garlic and sauté for one minute more. Add the chopped cauliflower and continue stirring, about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and bring to a simmer for ten minutes. Then add the Camembert cubes and continue stirring until melted. Season with salt and pepper, add chopped parsley, and remove from heat.
- While the cheese sauce cools, layer potato slices into an 11” gratin dish. Pour cheese mixture over potatoes and even it out with a spoon. Evenly distribute the bacon bits over the gratin.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and raise temperature to 400° and cook an additional 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top