Pumpkins are everywhere right now and I definitely don't mind. From lattes and breads to candles and decor, pumpkins are taking over October! As someone who fully embraces each season when it comes to cooking and home decor, I'm having a great time incorporating pumpkins into our fall lifestyle!
I have fond memories of carving pumpkins as a kid, and carving is definitely the traditional choice for your pumpkin patch finds--but if you're ready to try something new, read on to see some of my favorite ideas to do with your extra pumpkins this year!
1. Paint your Pumpkins. Carving is fun, but it can be messy and time-consuming...and what if orange doesn't match your decor? Tape off your pumpkin in stripes or polka dots before painting, like the tutorial above, get detailed with a stencil, or go free-hand!
2. Add some lettering for extra personality. Whether it's a thought of thanksgiving, like this pretty pumpkin, a monogram for your family name, or a silly "BOO!", this is a quick way to add some personality to your pumpkin without taking away much of the natural color and look!
3. Drill & light! Feel like using a power tool for a bit? Gut & clean up your pumpkin before drilling small holes into your pattern of choice, then simply place some tea lights inside for a beautifully chic Jack-O-Lantern!
4. Use them as serving bowls. There is nothing like food served inside other food. Clam chowder in a bread bowl, anyone? Start your Halloween or Thanksgiving dinner with a soup course served in individual pumpkin bowls to instantly hold the title of "Hostess with the Mostest".
5. Make them into planters. Scoop out the insides, add some soil, and plant your favorite succulents or cacti in small pumpkins for a beautiful addition to a table setting, window sill, or coffee table! You can even give these as party favors to your holiday guests!
What are you doing with your extra pumpkins this year?